One of the biggest priorities as a warehouse manager is to protect your employees and your goods from potential risks when it comes to health and safety. Working within a warehouse with high traffic brings another level of safety into consideration when looking at your warehouse design – heavy vehicles such as forklifts can cause serious accidents and even fatalities.
Warehouse barriers are designed to protect workers, racking and buildings from collisions with moving vehicles such as forklift. There are various types of warehouse barriers available, made from either solid or flexible materials. Below are the most common used:
- Bollard Systems – floor mounted with a steel core, engineered to protect your equipment and employees.
- Crash Barrier System – designed for total damage protection – floor mounted. Ideal for protecting wall perimeters, creating traffic lanes, protecting pallet racking and separating people from equipment.
- Pedestrian Barriers – designed to separate people from dangerous equipment.
- Racking Barrier – protect your racking from impact, collisions and common bumps, racking barriers are designed to keep your structurers safe.
- Column Guards – add protection with column guards which come in various shapes and sizes. You can purchase column guards that are bolted to the ground or those that strap on to your upright.
If you would like advise or are looking to improve the protection of your warehouse give Pegasus a call on 01843 835999 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.